This Spaghetti with poached egg recipe is a quick, easy and delicious lunch or dinner recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- 6 eggs
- 400g wholemeal spaghetti
- 300g fresh salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup parmesan shavings
- A fresh avocado and pea salad, to serve
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of water.
Poach the eggs and set aside.
- Place salmon and spinach into a large bowl.
- Once the pasta is cooked, lift it out of the water into the bowl stirring carefully. Add a little of the pasta water to bring it all together.
- Use the heat from the pasta and water will cook the salmon and spinach.
- Combine oil, lemon zest and juice, drizzle over the pasta, season with pepper.
- Place onto plates and top with the poached egg and some parmesan shavings.