If you’re a seafood lover, this recipe was made for you. Seafood mix is quite often on special, which makes this a cost-effective and tasty recipe to try. There is also no need to buy a pre-made sauce either, this recipe has got all the ingredients and instructions to create the perfect homemade dish.
- 6 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 3/4 fish stock
- 1/2 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 500g seafood marinara mix
- Gnocchi package or try making your homemade gnocchi
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line oven tray with baking sheet and place the tomatoes cut side up on the tray. Sprinkle with garlic, a pinch of salt and drizzle with one tablespoon of olive oil. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until tomatoes are well shrivelled.
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes and then blitz until smooth in a blender.
- In a large frypan on medium heat add oil and then onions; caramelise for 8-10 minutes.
- Once caramelised, stir in blitzed roasted tomatoes and combine. Turn heat to low and add olives and fish stock. Simmer for about 30 minutes (you can do it for less time if you’re in a hurry!)
- From the marina mix, add the first pieces first then the rest into the sauce. Be sure the bury them and once they start to turn opaque, add the rest of the contents. Stir through for a final 2 minutes before removing from the heat, ready to serve.
- Follow the instructions on the gnocchi to cook.
- Top with parsley. If you want you can add a bit of grate parmesan too.