This thick caramel sauce is so much better for the addition of condensed milk. It is perfect for tart fillings or as a dessert topper. If you are looking to thin out the sauce slightly, add an extra tablespoon of water or milk before the sauce has completely cooled.
This is the perfect sweet partner to foods such as ice cream, waffles, pancakes or puddings!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, heaped
- 1 1/2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp hot condensed milk
- Hot water
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar, golden syrup and condensed milk.
- Stir over medium high heat until mixture is thick and showing a rich caramel colour. Remove from heat and slowly add two table spoons of hot water.
- Return to heat. Leave to simmer on low heat. Stir for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Remove from heat. Leave to cool.