This delectable chocolate mouse has no added sugar, no dairy and is 100% delicious! Perfect when you feel like a sweet treat, without any hassle.
- 400ml creamy coconut milk
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- About 20 soft dried dates
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 4 small ramekins or glasses to serve
- Refrigerate the can of coconut milk for a few hours to solidify and separate. Carefully turn it upside down, open and discard the transparent liquid however you prefer to. I usually use it in a smoothie. I usually keep a can of coconut milk in my fridge, just in case I need one cold quickly.
- Pit and halve the dates. If they are not soft, place them for a few minutes in warm water until they start to soften, then drain and chop. Place them in a tall jug, add 2 tablespoons of coconut milk and blend with a stick blender on high.
- Strain the paste, then add the remaining coconut milk and cocoa powder and blend together until smooth, then finally add the vanilla (or your preferred flavouring).
- Mix the mixture in a blender or food processor to trap the air inside the paste and make it more fluffy and mousse-like.
- Divide the mixture between the four ramekins and refrigerate overnight.