Prep: 30 minutes, cook: 14 to 18 minutes
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- In a bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until smooth.
- Mix in 1/2 teaspoon almond extract and flour until dough comes together. Roll dough into 3cm balls, and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Make a small hole in the centre of each ball, using your thumb and finger, and fill the hole with preserves.
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes in a preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Let cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the icing sugar, 3/4 teaspoon almond extract, and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle lightly over warm jam drops.