This amazing dish is something the entire family will absolutely go crazy for. With deliciously caramelised onion paired with crumbled goat’s cheese and fresh rosemary, this creamy quiche is one to remember. It’s a great vegetarian option for lunch, dinner or even just a relaxing picnic option. With a simple method and not too many ingredients, this recipe is ideal for a quick and easy meal to whip up when you just don’t feel like putting in too much effort. Give it a go next time you’re stuck for ideas and you’ll understand what all the fuss is about!
- 1 sheet (29 x 29cm) frozen ready-rolled shortcrust quiche pastry, just thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 80g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 60ml (1/4 cup) thickened cream
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a 3.5cm-deep, 22.5cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin with pastry. Trim any excess. Place in fridge for 10 minutes to set.
- Cover pastry base with baking paper and fill with pastry weights. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and weights. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven. Reduce temperature to 180C.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until dark golden brown and caramelised. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add rosemary and stir until well combined. Spread onion mixture over base of pastry case. Sprinkle with goat’s cheese.
- Whisk cream and eggs together in a medium jug. Season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over onion mixture. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until set. Serve warm or at room temperature.