This super warm and delicious pudding is one of the best things to enjoy this winter thanks to it’s incredibly simple recipe and mouthwatering flavour! You can whip this up in just 40 minutes to serve to any guests you might be looking to impress or even just with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to enjoy on your own.
With a tasty mix of sweet and zest, you won’t be able to get enough of this perfectly refreshing pudding. And if you’re looking to add something else, don’t be scared to add in some lime juice to mix up the flavour slightly without taking it too far from the original. Enjoy!
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- icing sugar mixture, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease six 1 cup-capacity ovenproof dishes. Combine butter, lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar, flour, milk and egg yolks in a bowl. Whisk together.
- Use electric mixer to beat egg whites on high until soft peaks form. With metal spoon, fold one-quarter of the egg white into lemon mixture. Gently fold in remaining egg white.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dishes. Place dishes in large baking dish. Pour boiling water into baking dish until halfway up sides of smaller dishes. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and just set. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.