This recipe for spaghetti carbonara is what you’d expect to get in a fancy Italian restaurant, but easy for you to make at home.
It’s so delicious, everyone will be back for seconds!
1. Cook pasta according to packet instructions in salted boiling water. Once cooked, reserve 1 cup of water from the pot for later.
2. While pasta is cooking, mix together the eggs, parsley and parmesan in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a frypan over medium-high heat, then add the pancetta or bacon and cook for about 2-3 minutes until crisp. Reduce the heat and add the chopped garlic and white wine.
4. Cook for about 30 seconds, then slowly add the pasta water. Add the (drained) pasta to the frypan and toss to coat.
5. Remove from the heat, then immediately add the egg mixture to the pasta, stirring continuously for 1 minute so the egg doesn’t scramble.
6. Serve immediately, with extra grated parmesan if you wish.