This slice is ideal for picnic-style lunches and there’s no need to worry about heating it up, because it tastes amazing cold as well.
It’s so easy to whip up, slice into pieces and eat whenever you are feeling a bit peckish. You can freeze as much as you like to keep for pre-made lunches or eat it fresh from the oven. Not only does this meal only take about 15 minutes preparation time, but it is also a super healthy option that tastes deliciously good!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 425g can tuna, drained, flaked
- 1 cup (120g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (135g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil, extra
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 17cm x 27cm slice pan. Line with baking paper.
- Heat oil in frying pan over high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes until tender. Transfer to large bowl. Add zucchini, tuna, cheddar and flour. Stir to combine.
- Whisk extra oil and eggs in separate bowl. Pour into zucchini mixture. Stir together to combine completely. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden and cooked through. Cut into even pieces. Serve hot or cold.