These cookies are completely free of refined sugar and exclusively use all-natural ingredients to achieve the same deliciously addictive flavour. You can eat more of these as a way of satisfying your sweet tooth without feeling too guilty about it. They’re the perfect way to wean yourself off unhealthy treats over without abstaining completely. Enjoy these with your afternoon cuppa or have them as a sweet bite after dinner. Yum!
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 60ml (1/4 cup) light agave nectar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 75g sugar-free chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Add butter, agave nectar, egg and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Sift in flour, cornflour, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir together until a soft dough forms. Add chocolate and stir. Cover with cling wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Spoon teaspoonfuls of dough onto the tray. Roll each into balls. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.