Corn fritters are an oldie but a goodie and we have found a classic recipe with a bit of a twist. So if you are looking for an easy but flavoursome meal or snack keep reading…
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 x 420g cans of corn kernels
- 100g crumbled fetta
- 30g butter or oil
- 2 tsp chopped chives
- 1 small avocado
- 30g baby rocket
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Make a well in the centre of a large mixing bowl with the flour. Whisk eggs and milk in a separate bowl then pour slowly into the flour. Stir to combine.
- Add corn (drained), chives and fetta and gently fold ingredients in.
- Grease a frying pan with butter or oil and allow the pan to heat. Pour 1/4 cupful of the mixture into the pan. Allow cooking for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown underneath. Flip the fritter so it becomes golden on both sides.
- Continue this process until all mixture is cooked, you will need to do several batches.
- Lastly, serve fritters with avocado (cut into wedges) and sweet chilli sauce to mix it up and add some delicious flavours.