There’s possibly nothing as refreshing as these delicious sweet treats! With an ingredient list full of healthier foods that won’t leave you feeling too full or sick, this recipe will easily become your favourite go-to when you’re looking for an afternoon tea snack to tide you over in between meals.
While these are absolutely ideal for making in bulk and popping into the freezer to be defrosted whenever you’re craving something sweet, but they’re definitely best tasting fresh from the oven. Yum!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 6 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lite milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 6-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and bicarb soda to small bowl. Stir to combine. In a separate bowl, combine egg, yoghurt, oil and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into paper cases until 3/4 full. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack to cool completely. Serve.