These little desserts are too much fun! They are an adorable Easter treat that is a fun way to get the grandkids into the kitchen and enjoy what they eat… Just make sure they aren’t confused with the eggs for breakfast!
- 350g Milk Chocolate Melts
- 6 balloons
- 250ml Creamed Cheese For Desserts, a double cream alternative
- 250g White Chocolate Melts
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Yellow liquid food colouring
- Melt half the milk chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Remove from the heat add the remaining chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Partly inflate 6 balloons to the size of a small orange. Lower just the bottom section of a balloon into the melted milk chocolate to coat then place on a paper-lined tray to set. Repeat with remaining balloons. Refrigerate overnight. When milk chocolate has set, pop, remove and discard balloons. Place a chocolate cup on each serving plate.
- Combine the cream cheese with the white chocolate in a bowl and stir over simmering water until the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, gradually beat in the sugar until dissolved to make a light meringue, and then gently fold through the chocolate mixture. Colour 1 cup of the mixture yellow.
- Divide the white mousse mixture between chocolate cups. Top each with a spoonful of yellow mousse mixture to resemble an egg yolk. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.