This hearty dish will be an absolute treat for the whole family. Not only is it incredibly easy to whip up, requiring almost no effort at all, but it’s also a super healthy and tasty meal that will suit everyone’s tastebuds. Stews are one of the easiest dishes to turn to when you’re not sure what to make for dinner and this delicious beef and vegetable mix will definitely be a winner. Make this dish in bulk to feed to hungry guests or divide it up and freeze a few servings that can be enjoyed later in the week. No matter what time of day it is, you’ll definitely be glad you gave this dish a go!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800g beef chuck steak, trimmed, cubed
- 2 large carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 large zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 x 410g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- Heat oil in pressure cooker over high heat. Add onion and cook while stirring for 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add beef. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add carrot, celery and zucchini. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add wine. Bring mixture to the boil.
- Next, add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Then add tomato paste, tomato and beef stock. Bring mixture to the boil. Cover and lock lid on pressure cooker. Once pressure is reached, reduce heat to low. Cook for 35 minutes.
- Turn pressure cooker off. Carefully release pressure. Unlock lid. Serve hot.