This blueberry muffin recipe replaces the traditional cream cheese with lemon curd. It gives it some tang and tastes great. We reckon this will be your new favourite muffin combination. Lemons are a wonderful ingredient for cooking and this recipe proves how a little zest can make all the difference to the flavour.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup oil
- Zest of lemon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 200C and grease muffin tray.
- Sift flour and sugar in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, oil and lemon zest. Add to flour mixture and fold together – do not over mix.
- Sprinkle blueberries on top and fold through the mixture
- Spoon into muffin tray and place 1 teaspoon lemon curd on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.