This delicious Spanish delicacy is a one-pot masterpiece. The tasty mix of chicken, chorizo and tomato makes for a mouthwateringly flavoursome dish that everyone will love. Not only is it easy to cook up but the ingredients are quite flexible. You can add or take away any ingredients you wish and some people will even substitute the chicken for prawns for a seafood option.
This meal is best served up on those cool winter nights so try this one if you need a warm and filling dinner dish!
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 200g chorizo sausages, sliced
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.4kg chicken pieces, trimmed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Add saffron into a small bowl. Add boiling water. Set aside.
- In a large deep frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Heat more oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken. Cook and turn often for 5 to 6 minutes until golden. Add wine and 1/2 cup of stock. Reduce heat to medium-low and leave to simmer uncovered for 10 minutes until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Add rice, saffron, tomatoes, paprika and 1 1/2 cups of stock to the pan. Return to simmer and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Add peas, chorizo and remaining stock. Return to simmer, stirring occasionally for 5 to 8 minutes until the stock has just absorbed into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.