Gnocchi is one of those great Italian meals that always seems to be a hit with just about everyone who tries it and this recipe is no different. With deliciously fluffy potato gnocchi coated in the creamiest white sauce topped off with mushrooms and spinach, you’ll want to whip this dish up every single night. For a meal that tastes so good, it certainly doesn’t take that long to cook. In under 30 minutes, you can have the most delicious, gourmet meal sitting on the table ready to be devoured!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450g chicken breast, diced
- 450g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or pressed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 (450g) packages of gnocchi
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Melt butter and olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken until completely white. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add mushrooms to the frying pan. Saute mushrooms until tender. Add wine. Leave to cook for about 1 minute. Stir in grated garlic and cream.
- Cook gnocchi according to the package. Strain water.
- Add chicken, parmesan cheese and spinach to the mushroom mixture. Stir for 1 minute until spinach is wilted.
- Add cooked gnocchi. Stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.