When it comes to simple and tasty dinners, it’s hard to go past these bacon and zucchini fritters. They’re easy to whip up and are packed with tasty ingredients that’ll have you going back for seconds in no time.
You can serve them alongside a simple garden salad with a dollop of sour cream or a few tablespoons of Greek yoghurt. They’d make an excellent lunch or dinner and can even be enjoyed for breakfast too with a poached egg, some avocado and rocket.
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 200g orange sweet potato, peeled, grated
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Finely chop the bacon. Heat oil in small frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook chopped bacon, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Combine zucchini, sweet potato and cheese in large bowl. Add bacon mixture. Mix well.
- Add milk and egg. Season well with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Add olive oil to a large frying pan to reach 5mm up side of pan. Heat over medium heat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter into pan, spreading to form a round circle.
- Repeat three more times to make four fritters. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side.
- Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel. Cover loosely to keep warm.
- Repeating with remaining batter, adding extra oil to pan when necessary.