The benefits of turmeric are well-known, and it is one of the best herbal remedies for arthritis and inflammation.
Turmeric is also known for its benefits to digestion, immune function, liver health and even possible protection from cancer.
We’ve found a recipe for an anti-inflammatory tea. Drinking this before bed to aid relaxation and help boost the immune system.
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon turmeric paste (recipe below)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons raw honey
- ¼ cup turmeric powder
- ½ cup water
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat on low.
- Whisk well and serve warm!
- Mix the turmeric and water in a pan over low heat, stirring until a paste is formed.
- Once you have a paste, stir in the black pepper.
- Cool and store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.