This recipe is the perfect family dinner addition!
It’s never too early to plan your Christmas lunch or dinner, and this cheesy spinach cob loaf is a winner. Simple yet delicious, your guests will be begging for more.
This incredible dish includes a crusty cob loaf, filled with a creamy and cheesy centre, perfect for dipping.
If you aren’t too fussed on extra bread, feel free to serve with either carrot or celery sticks as well.
- 500g cob loaf
- 250g, frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 large zucchini, grated, moisture squeezed out
- 50g butter
- 3 green shallots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup Colby cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 French stick sliced
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut 4cm off top of cob loaf to form lid.
- Scoop bread from centre of bread, leaving 1.5cm edge.
- Tear or roughly chop bread pieces.
- Squeeze excess moisture from spinach and zucchini.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallot and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, zucchini, sour cream, Colby cheese and parmesan.
- Cook, stirring, until melted.
- Spoon mixture into loaf.
- Arrange lid, bread pieces and French stick around loaf. Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy.
- Cool slightly before serving.