This incredible creamy turmeric and sweet potato hummus is the perfect recipe if you’ve got guests coming over. Whether it’s dinner, lunch, or a casual wine and cheese evening, this delicious dip will complete your snacks platter.
Ad. Article continues below.
It doesn’t get much healthier than this, and the best part is, turmeric is touted as being a great aid for joint pain! So if you’re suffering from a few aches and pains, tuck into this delicious snack. Serve it up with veggie sticks, crackers, or some soft flat bread for the perfect snack!
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 175C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Toss sweet potatoes with garlic and spices and lay out on the tray. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Once cool, place in food processor with all other ingredients except the olive oil. Blend until well combined and smooth, then as it’s blending slowly add olive oil until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Serve with veggie sticks, crackers, or some soft flat bread.