Lady Florence Bjelke-Petersen prided herself on her pumpkin scones, which she cooked for dignitaries as well as voters, for charity and just for fun.
Makes 15 scones
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Half a cup sugar
- Quarter of a teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin (cold)
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- Beat together butter, sugar and salt with electric mixer.
- Add egg, then pumpkin and stir in the flour until just combined.
- Turn on to floured board and cut into squares.
- Place in tray on top shelf of an oven set at 225-250c for 15-20 minutes.
Have you ever cooked Lady Flo’s pumpkin scones? How did they work out?