If you love cherry ripe chocolate bars, this is the slice for you! This recipe will transform your favourite chocolate bar into a delicious afternoon snack for the whole family to enjoy.
Ad. Article continues below.
If you’re looking for a modern twist on a classic slice this recipe is great for the festive season as a dessert or afternoon tea treat. The slice has sweet cherries, tropical coconut and sweetened condensed milk, all topped with a layer of melt in your mouth chocolate.
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 125g butter, melted
- 200g packet red glacé cherries, finely chopped
- 397g can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups (240g) desiccated coconut
- Pink liquid food colouring
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 20g copha
- Preheat over to 180°C.
- Grease and line slice tray with baking paper. Let paper hang over edges.
- Sift plain flour in bowl.
- Add sugar and coco powder to the flour and stir.
- Add melted butter to mixture and stir until combined.
- Press mixture in tray and spread evenly with spoon.
- Bake in oven for 1o mins.
- Mix together the cherries, condensed milk and coconut in a small bowl.
- Add food colouring and stir until the colour is consistent.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the slice base.
- Bake for 20-25 mins and then set aside to cool.
- While the slice is cooling, make the chocolate top layer.
- Place the copha and chocolate in heatproof-bowl that can balance on a saucepan.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water making sure it does not touch the water.
- Mix the mixture for 5 mins until smooth and combined.
- Pour the chocolate topping over the cooled slice evenly.
- Leave the slice to cool for 30 minutes until set and serve.
Serve this slice with a side of whipped cream to balance out the rich flavour.