Ivan Milat’s mistress and former sister-in-law claims she’ll ‘always love him’

Ivan Milat and Marilyn Milat-Tempest were secretly dating for 11 years. Source: YouTube/7 News Australia.

The former mistress of serial killer Ivan Milat has insisted she’s still in love with the convicted murderer, despite their affair ending years ago.

Marilyn Milat-Tempest – who was in a secret relationship with Milat for 11 years while dating his brother Boris – has spoken out for the first time claiming she will never stop thinking about the killer and is gravely concerned for his health.

In an exclusive interview with The Daily Telegraph, Marilyn said she is worried about Milat as he battles with oesophageal and stomach cancer and calls Long Bay jail where he is being held almost every day to check up on him.

“I don’t want him to die, he’s sick, I don’t love him like that, anymore, well… I always will (love him)… I’ve kept the name all these years,” the 54-year-old told the news outlet.

“Ivan is Ivan, he’s different to anyone I’ve met. In his last days I can’t forget (him)… I worry for his health.”

The pair first began their affair in the early 1960s while Marilyn was dating Boris and Milat was living with his wife Karen. The secret relationship reportedly spanned more than decade with ties only cut after Marilyn gave birth to Milat’s daughter. Marilyn went on to marry Boris with the couple splitting years later.

However, Marilyn’s feelings for the serial killer have not faded since, with the secret lover admitting he is always on her mind.

“I worry for him, I call Long Bay jail almost every day to see how he’s doing, they tell me he’s OK,” she added to The Daily Telegraph.

Milat was captured on camera for the first time in 10 years last month as he was transferred from hospital to Long Bay Jail, where he will spend his final days.

The murderer was convicted of killing seven backpackers in 1996 and now faces questions from detectives over the deaths of several backpackers throughout the 1980s and ’90sThe Australian previously reported.

He had spent two weeks in Sydney’s Prince of Wales hospital being treated for cancer but was transferred to the jail’s own hospital, according to multiple reports.

The convicted killer was pictured and videoed as he was wheeled out of the Prince of Wales hospital just weeks ago under heavy guard from police and prison officers.

Wearing his prison greens, Milat could be seen with long white hair and his memorable handlebar moustache, appearing frail as he glanced at cameras.

It’s been widely reported that he now likely has just weeks left to live.

Have you been following this story?

Stories that matter, delivered straight to your inbox

Sign up to our daily newsletter for more great stories

Leave your comment

Please sign in to post a comment.
Retrieving conversation…