Rocker Ozzy Osbourne has been treated in intensive care over fears he could develop pneumonia, it has been reported.
The Black Sabbath star, 70, was reportedly transferred to a private hospital’s critical facility after his bronchitis worsened.
The singer recently postponed his next UK tour after contracting the flu. He later developed bronchitis and was sent to hospital by his doctors. Ozzy has been hospitalised for the last 11 days. He is reportedly due to be released next week.
His wife, Sharon, shared a statement on her husband’s recovery at the time, telling fans: “As some of you may have heard, Ozzy was admitted to hospital following some complications from the flu. His doctors feel this is the best way to get him on a quicker road to recovery. Thanks to everyone for their concern and love.”
Just days before, Ozzy and his team revealed his sadness at having to cancel the dates on his tour, in a statement on his official Facebook page.
“After seeing his physician again, Osbourne has been diagnosed with a severe upper-respiratory infection which the doctor feels could develop into pneumonia given the physicality of the live performances and an extensive travel schedule throughout Europe in harsh winter conditions,” a statement said at the time.
Meanwhile, Ozzy himself shared a personal statement revealing he felt “devastated” to let his fans down following a series of health scares over the last few months.
“I’m completely devastated for having to postpone the European leg of my tour,” he said. “It just seems that since October everything I touch has turned to s**.
“First the staph infection in my thumb and now coming down with the flu and bronchitis. I want to apologise to all of my fans who have been so loyal over the years, my band, my crew and to Judas Priest for letting you all down.
“However, I promise the tour with Judas Priest will be completed. It’s being rescheduled right now to start in September. Again, I apologise to everyone. God Bless. Love you all, Ozzy.”
SHOWS IN MOUNTAIN VIEW,CHULA VISTA, LOS ANGELES AND LAS VEGAS TO BE RESCHEULDED IN 2019OZZY has now cancelled the remaining four shows on his North American “NO MORE TOURS 2.” Following additional evaluation from his doctors, OSBOURNE will likely require another surgery in the coming days to treat multiple infections in his right hand.The four cancelled shows were originally scheduled as follows: Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA (October 6), Mattress Firm Amphitheatre in Chula Vista (October 9), the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles (October 11) and MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas (October 13). The three California shows had previously been rescheduled following his initial prognosis from doctors. All four shows will be rescheduled for 2019. “I’m so fu**ing bummed about cancelling these shows,” OSBOURNE says. “The tour had been going great and we were really looking forward to these last few gigs.We’re hoping everyone will be patient and we’ll look forward to seeing them at the shows next year.” Ticketholders for the four shows should hold on to their tickets, as they will be honored for the rescheduled dates.Refunds are also available at point of purchase.
The father-of-six was first forced to cancel a show in October due to the staph infection – spending the evening recovering at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles instead.
Read more: Ozzy Osbourne surprises Sharon on TV show
His daughter shared a statement on her father’s recovery at the time, telling fans: “Thank you so much for your well wishes dad is doing so much better… Nothing that some rest, antibiotics and of course his favourite ice cream can’t cure.”