Victoria Police are investigating a report of sexual assault as AFL club Sydney confirmed several Swans players were involved in an “alleged incident”.
Police attended the Pullman Hotel in East Melbourne on Monday after an incident early that morning.
The Swans stayed at that hotel on Sunday night after their 36-point win over Essendon at the MCG that locked in second place on the ladder and a home qualifying final.
“Police are investigating a report of a sexual assault in East Melbourne on 17 August,” Victoria Police said in a statement provided to AAP.
“The incident occurred at a hotel on Wellington Parade in the early hours of the morning.
“The exact circumstances are yet to be established and the investigation into the incident remains ongoing.”
Earlier on Monday, Sydney confirmed several players had been involved in an alleged incident in Melbourne.
“The Sydney Swans can confirm several players were involved in an alleged incident in Melbourne last night,” Sydney said in a statement.
“The Swans have notified the AFL and relevant authorities and cannot provide further comment at this stage.”
AAP has contacted the AFL for comment.
1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)
National Sexual Abuse and Redress Support Service 1800 211 028
Comments 0
Join the conversation. Comments are reviewed before they appear.
Be the first to comment.
Join the conversation
Tell us who you are to post a comment. We'll remember you next time.