Planning, routines and schedules – they’re critical to getting things done. If you don’t have them, life is chaotic.
You get so stressed your head’s in a total mess and you don’t know which way is up. You can end up on the road to a panic attack or even a heart attack.
To make things happen and get things done you need a plan, otherwise days and weeks drift by and suddenly you’re a year older and the same things are still hanging over your head.
3 simple steps
Here’s what you do:
- Pull out your diary
- Make an appointment with yourself
- KEEP IT!
It sounds simple because it IS simple – it’s treating yourself with the respect you give to your clients.
Most small business owners don’t need complicated time management systems or project management tools – they just need to look after their time.
You need to make time for the most important person in your business – YOU!
1. Start small
Don’t try and do too much at once. Start small, with what you need most:
- If you need to get fit, put time in your diary to exercise – then DO it.
- If you want more time off from your business, book Friday afternoon off – and TAKE IT.
- If you know you need to do some planning, book it in (and go to a library or coffee shop and turn your phone off).
2. Tell someone who can hold you to account
Enlist a friend, a coach, a family member – someone you respect – to hold you to account. Tell them about your commitment and report back to them when you keep it.
3. Ready, set, go
Pick the thing you need to do most.
Get out your diary.
Make an appointment with yourself to do it.
And if you still don’t get it done, get a coach who has the skills to help you Relaunch Your Life… Because if you don’t take the time to make things happen now, when will you?