One of our Starts at Sixty community members has asked:
“Isn’t there ANYTHING around these days that a larger sized, elderly lady can wear and look good in?”
Oh Aileen, I feel your frustration! Every woman deserves to look and feel her best!
If I was you, I would start by looking at brands that cater for larger sized women. Their cut will be better and there will be a good selection for you to choose from.
Maggie T lace trimmed shell top
Maggie T geo print pant
Maggie T Italian linen shirt
TS14 becca shirt
Maggie T pleat front blouse
Maggie T blush floral print scarf
Sara leather wide espadrille
TS14 sienna wedge
Sportscraft othea shoes
Choosing what to wear
- Always go for classic shapes. Things like a basic tee, a single breasted blazer, straight legged flat front pants, pencil skirt, shift dress, classic shirt and classic denim. You can use accessories to keep your look current.
- Go for garments that skim the body.
- Wear darker colours on the parts of your body that you do not want to draw attention to.
- Stick to plain colours as much as possible – particularly colours that you know flatter you. Choose prints carefully. A classic black and white or leopard print are always in style. A good way to wear a print is in a scarf or an overshirt.
Try to avoid
- Prints which are old or too garish. Nothing will age you faster!
- Anything that clings in the wrong places is not for you. A garment should fit you beautifully and enhance your look.
- Leave overly trendy garments for the very young.
Maggie T soft skirt
Adorne polished pod necklace
Sara poplin shirt
Sara the blazer
Sara long pull-on pants
TS14 celia peep toe wedge
Aileen I hope these tips have been helpful for you and have given you some inspiration!
Do you have any tips for Aileen? Do you have a question that you would like us to answer?