Do you enjoy the salty-sweetness of a good peanut brittle? Look no further because this recipe for peanut brittle can be made in just 9 minutes!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup glucose syrup
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Mix the corn syrup and sugar together and for 4 minutes, cook on high.
- Mix well after adding the peanuts. Cook on high for a further 3 minutes before adding the butter and vanilla.
- Continue to cook on high for another 2 minutes.
- Add bicarbonate of soda and mix well.
- Spread mixture onto well buttered foil. Allow to cool then break into pieces and store in airtight container.
Notes for cooking:
If you are allergic to peanuts you can substitute any other type of nut. If your microwave is not 750 – 950 watts you may need to adjust cooking times.
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.