If you’re having a bad day, try making this mouthwatering violet crunch cheesecake slice and you will feel better in no time. It’s creamy and chocolatey – what’s not to love! You might need to buy an extra violet crumble bar so you aren’t tempted to eat the main ingredient while you’re baking.
- 2 cups (250g) plain chocolate biscuit crumbs
- 125g butter (melt)
- 2 x 250g packets cream cheese (soften)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of gelatine
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 3 x 45g violet crumble bars (broken up)
- Grease 20cm by 20cm pan and line with baking paper to extend over the sides.
- Combine biscuit crumbs and butter in a bowl – mix well. Then press evenly over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and cream in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in a cup and stand in a small pan of simmering water, stir until dissolved. Let it cool slightly.
- Finally, with an electric mixer pour gelatine mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Add in violet crumble bars.
- Pour mixture over set crumb crust. Sprinkle extra crumble on top if you wish. Refrigerate until set.
Will you try this recipe? Have you ever made a violet crumble cheesecake before?