We asked and you told us! Here’s a community recipe that was sent in to us by Christina Smith. It sounds delicious and she assures us her family recipe is a favourite when she serves it up. Enjoy!
- 200g Ciabatta bread
- 600g ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Small handful of baby capers
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 280g roasted capsicums chopped (from your deli)
- 8 anchovies chopped
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Bunch of basil leaves
- Tear up bread and dry out in the oven/or shallow fry them till golden
- Put tomatoes into a bowl and season mix in capers onion bread and anchovies.
- Mix it all together (I use my hands).
- Stir in vinegar and 6 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Tear over the basil leaves and it ready to serve. Great with fish grilled meat or on its own. We love it.
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.