It’s the chocolate cake recipe that has had people scratching their heads, but then running for their kitchen! How can a cake have no eggs, milk, butter or dairy of any kind?!
Well, take a look for yourself…
CRAZY CHOCOLATE CAKE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1-½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square or 9-inch round cake pan.
- Add all the dry ingredients directly to the pan and mix.
- Make 3 little holes – 2 small and 1 large – in the mixed dry ingredients. Pour the vinegar in one of the small holes, the vanilla in the other small hole, and the vegetable oil in the large depression. Pour water over all, and mix with a fork until smooth.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and serve!