You’ll want to make this easy and healthy chicken parmesan dish more than once! It’s quick and you can substitute the pasta for zucchinis if you like.
Try it for lunch or dinner this week.
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1.5 cups low salt tomato sauce
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 packet of spaghetti
- 2 zucchinis (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Toss the breadcrumbs and parmesan in a shallow dish with the Italian herbs, salt, and pepper. Heat the oil in a medium ovenproof pan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, boil water and add spaghetti.
- Dip the chicken breasts in beaten egg and then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Add the chicken to the hot pan and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. You want the outside to be golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to the oven and bake for until the chicken is fully cooked. Add the sauce and place a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each piece of chicken. Return to the oven for a few more minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and lightly browned.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the raw zucchini noodles or pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.
Optional zucchini noodles
While the chicken cooks, cut the zucchini into thin shreds or use a spiraliser to create zucchini noodles. These don’t need to be cooked.