Do you love tiramisu but have never been able to master it? This simple recipe makes it so easy, you won’t be able to stuff it up!
It looks and tastes just like a regular tiramisu but simplifies the decadent ingredients and method.
Make it for a special treat this week.
- 500ml pot double cream
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 75ml marsala or rum
- 5 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 300ml strong coffee
- 175g packet pavesini biscuits (a slim version of savoiardi, if unavailable, use savoiardi)
- 25g chunk dark chocolate
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Put the cream, mascarpone, Marsala (or rum) and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk until the cream and mascarpone have combined and have the consistency of thickly whipped cream.
- Put the coffee into a shallow dish and dip in a few biscuits in at a time, turning for until they are soaked but not soggy. Layer these into your dish until you have used half the biscuits, then spread over half of the creamy mixture. Using the coarse side of the grater, grate over most of the chocolate. Then repeat the layers (you should use up all the coffee), finishing with the creamy layer.
- Cover and chill overnight. To serve, dust with cocoa powder and grate over the remainder of the chocolate.