This creamy garlic aioli isn’t like the one from the shops – nothing beats homemade!
Try out this cracker recipe for your guests this week.
- ½ small clove garlic, peeled
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 285 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 285 ml olive oil
- lemon juice
- Grind the garlic with 1 teaspoon of salt in a pestle and mortar (or a rolling pin in a metal bowl).
- Place the egg yolk and mustard in a bowl and whisk together, then add the oils a little at time.
- Once you’ve mixed in a quarter of the oil, you can add the rest in larger amounts. When the mixture thickens, add a dash of lemon juice.
- When all the oil has gone in, add the garlic then season to taste with salt and pepper.