You can’t improve on perfection, or can you? This chocolate Nutella pavlova recipe begs to differ! We’re drooling just thinking about it….
It’s a great pav to show off to friends, or even keep for a special occasion. One thing’s for sure is it won’t last long!
- 4 egg whites (room temp)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 3 tsp cocoa powder
- 250ml thickened cream
- ¼ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line 2 baking trays.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg-whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating well until the mixture is glossy and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cornflour, vinegar and cocoa powder and fold through.
- Spoon mixture into 2 x 18-20cm circles. Using a knife, shape into a circle with high sides.
- Place in the oven, reduce the heat to 120°C and cook for 45 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and allow the meringues to completely cool in the oven (at least an hour).
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently transfer first layer of pavlova to a cake stand. Spread half the cream over the top, followed by half of the Nutella (microwave it for 10 seconds).
- Carefully put on the second layer of pavlova and repeat the cream and Nutella process. Garnish with your favourite toppings!
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.