These muffins are great to make and even better to eat. It’s hard to find a great savoury muffin recipe sometimes but this one is a real winner. It’s an awesome grab and go food for those mornings where rushing is inevitable.
Makes 16 muffins
- 70g cheddar
- 40g parmesan
- 150g baby spinach
- 250ml milk
- 3 large eggs
- 70ml olive oil
- 450g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150g goat’s cheese
- Handful of sesame and pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grate cheddar cheese, finely chop half of the spinach and roughly chop the other half.
- Pour milk and olive oil into a bowl and add eggs; whisk together. Fold through the flour, baking powder, parmesan, cheddar, spinach and a pinch of salt.
- Line two muffin tins with paper cases and half-fill with batter. Crumble the goat cheese on top and then spoon remaining batter (make sure the goat cheese is totally covered).
- Sprinkle with seeds and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Tell us, will you try making these savoury muffins?