Ann Carson has sent in one of her favourite family recipes, ‘Souped by pumpkin soup’ to be enjoyed by the Starts at 60 community. It looks like a perfect crowd pleaser especially coming into the colder months!
1kg of diced pumpkin
1kg of Orange sweet potato;
1kg of red onions;
1kg of diced red capsicum
1 – 2 litres of chicken stock
1 – 2 cups of red lentils
Note: you can swap with any orange or red veggies you like.
- Put everything into a large stock pot and cook until early the lentils are squishy
- Take off the heat and let it cool for a while
- Take a stick blender and a tin of coconut cream and blend everything until smooth and creamy
- Season to your taste
- This is great to freeze and will last from one season to the next.
- I know I’ve stated 1kg for most of the vegies , but seriously the bigger the pot you have, the more you can cook and the more you can freeze for later
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us here.