Slow cooked beef is divine but have you tried corned beef with ginger ale? This recipe is a great twist on your typical beef slow cooker recipe and can be cooked for a family meal or to stretch out over a week for a single or couple.
- 1 – 1.5kg corned beef
- 2 onions quartered
- 4-5 large carrots peeled and chopped into large pieces
- 1.5L bottle of dry ginger ale.
Put all ingredients into the slow cooker and pour ginger ale over the top. Cook on low for 8 hours
- Take 1 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker
- Add 1 tsp dry mustard powder, 1 tbsp flour, 1 tbsp butter, 1tbsp sugar
- Bring to the boil. Remove from heat and beat in a well beaten egg then add 2 tbsp vinegar. Serve with greens of choice and roast or mash potatoes.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.