This is a super-sweet decadent dessert so even a small serve is a taste-bud treat!
Preparation: 15 mins
Cook: 2–4 hours + 1 hour resting
- 5 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (firmly packed) light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- ⅔ cup rolled (porridge) oats
- ⅔ cup (loosely packed) light brown sugar
- ¼ cup plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3–4 tablespoons chilled butter, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put the apple pieces in a large bowl or plastic bag with the salt and cinnamon and toss to coat well.
- Combine the brown and white sugars in a separate bowl then spread over the base of a slow cooker. Place the apple pieces in a layer on top of the sugar mixture.
- Combine all the crumble ingredients in a bowl, using your fingers to completely rub the butter into the dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping mixture over the layer of apples in the slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours.
- Turn off the heat and allow the apple crumble to sit, covered, for 1 hour so the sauce will thicken more.
- Serve the crumble with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.