Honey chicken is such a sweet way to enjoy poultry and it doesn’t take long to prepare and then pop in the slow cooker.
You can make this for an easy dinner this week, or wait for when the grandies come around!
- 500g chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 onion
- Flour to coat
- Coat diced chicken in flour and brown in butter over medium heat for a minute or two.
- Throw in thinly sliced onion towards the end.
- In a bowl mix all other ingredients together and place in slow cooker for 2-3 hours on high.
- Served with rice and steamed vegetables
Note: If using 1kg of chicken, double all other ingredients except the soy sauce
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.