With the winter weather here, it’s also nice to find a new recipe to warm you up. Here is a delicious and warming breakfast recipe, not porridge but baked beans! Cooler weather requires yummy comfort food. You can set your slow cooker so it’s ready to eat in the morning; it’s a fabulous treat to wake up to a ready-made breakky.
- 4 cups dried white beans (750g)
- 2 x 700g jars of passata (Tomato Puree)
- 1 litre water or bone broth
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 large spanish onion (roughly diced)
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 3cm piece fresh turmeric (grated)
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and mix thoroughly.
- Put temperature on medium and cook for 6-8 hours or until the beans are cooked.
*Store leftovers in airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days and reheat as you need it.
Original recipe can be found at Cutoutthecrap.com.au.
Tell us, will you try this recipe? Have you ever made baked beans before?