This pumpkin, roasted in cumin and bacon fat and served in a creamy bacon-y pasta, can be whipped up in 20 minutes with a glass of wine in one hand and the other one tied behind your back. This folks is a recipe to impress friends, husbands, wives and lazy people together.
- ¼ Jarrah pumpkin
- 400g short cut bacon
- 1 brown onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 500ml lite cream
- 500g linguini (We found a pumpkin and basil flavoured pasta at a local deli for extra flavour)
- Slice pumpkin into wedges, sprinkle with cumin seed and spray with extra virgin olive oil (leave skin on if you like pumpkin skin).
- De-rind the bacon but leave in full pieces.
- On the same tray, lay the bacon pieces around the pumpkin wedges.
- Bake the bacon and the pumpkin on a tray until both are cooked.
- Boil water and cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- Remove bacon and pumpkin from oven and cut into chunks.
- Fry onion in pan until brown, add bacon, pumpkin and pour cream over to create a chunky sauce.
- Pour pasta sauce over cooked al dente linguini pasta.