It might sound like an interesting combination, but rhubarb and date go together so well you’ll wish you tried this yummy cake earlier!
1.5 cups self raising flour
1 cup sugar
2 cups chopped rhubarb
1 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup skim milk
- Rub margarine into flour
- Mix in the fruits and sugar
- Add egg and milk
- Mix to a smooth batter (apart from fruit pieces)
- Bake at 200C in regular oven 1-1.5 hours
- Leave in the round cake tin for a few minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool.
- Can be iced/cream cheese topping/left plain.
Happy baking and happier eating…it’s yummy!
Thanks so much to Christine Abbott, Waroona WA for sending this in. If you have a recipe you’d like to share, you can send it to us at [email protected]