These muffins are the perfect on-the-go breaky meal. They can be prepared the night before and are a healthy option, packed with protein and nutrients to give you energy for the day. Plus, they’re incredibly filling and taste delicious!
Take a look at the recipe below and see what you think. It’s gluten, dairy, soy, nut and preservative free!
- 1 medium green apple (approx. 130g)
- 2 large carrots (approx. 210g)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup oil of choice
- 1/4 cup honey (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Good pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180c and place 12 paper patty cases into a muffin tray.
- Grate apple and carrots and place into a large bowl. (Thermo-mix Speed 5/6 seconds)
- Place all the ingredients into the bowl with the apple and carrot and mix thoroughly.
- Place even amounts of mixture into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes (time may vary depending on your oven).
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying OR allow to cool then store in an airtight container.
Option: get creative and add your favourite ingredients like sultanas, sun dried tomato or almonds!
Great recipe from Cut Out the Crap – thanks for sharing!
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe for the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Simply fill in the form below.