Most Australian’s probably have their classic pavlova recipe memorised but if you don’t, here’s a quick refresher recipe for an Australia Day treat. Use the step-by-step photos below as a guide to make the perfect pavlova that will impress any lucky tasters. It’s light, fluffy and generously topped with fresh strawberries and passionfruit. Check out the recipe below!
- 4 egg whites at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- A few drops of vanilla extract
Top your pavlova with a bottle of cream and any fruit you like!
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees Celsius for a fan-forced oven.
- Beat room temperature egg whites and salt until they start to look foamy and then glossy.
- Beat in sugar a few tablespoons at a time until stiff and really shiny.
- Add cornflour, vinegar and vanilla and fold very lightly with a spatula.
- Spread onto baking paper in a circle shape about 20cm wide.
- Make a nice smooth disc shape.
- Place in oven and reduce temperature to 110 degrees Celsius
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Once the oven is off, leave it to cool for 2 – 3 hours before opening.
- To serve turn upside down, top with whipped cream and fruit!
What is your favourite type of pavlova? Share with us below!