Need ideas for dinner tonight? Here’s a tasty twist on a classic BBQ steak.
Prep: 10 minutes – Cooking: 30 minutes – Serves: 2
- 2 steaks
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 3.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 handful of chopped fresh basil
- Dash of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes in a splash of the olive oil, the balsamic vinegar and a generous coating of salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray (drizzle with the mixture) and roast for 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes just burst.
- After they have burst, place the tomatoes in a glass bowl to cool, add in the chopped basil and then set aside.
- Season both sides of the steaks with the salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover the bottom of a pan with olive oil and heat on high, until it begins to smoke.
- Reduce heat to medium high and carefully lower steaks in – make sure not to touch them until you’re ready to turn them. *Depending on thickness, the steaks should take 2-4 minutes per side.
- Once the steaks are rested, spoon the balsamic cherry tomato mixture over them and serve immediately.