Forget your typical banana bread recipe – this chocolate version trumps them all… and it’s not loaded with sugar either.
It’s still so moist thanks to the bananas and has that rich chocolate flavour without being too overpowering. All in all: the perfect afternoon treat.
- 3 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 150g butter
- 120g brown sugar (3/4 cup) [can use honey instead]
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 150g plain flour
- 35g cocoa
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- ½ cup dark choc melts
- ¼ cup choc chips
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees and grease a loaf tin.
- Mash bananas into a bowl, then add the brown sugar, melted butter, egg and vanilla; whisking well.
- Sift the plain flour, cocoa, salt and bi-carb soda over the top, stirring until combined.
- Add your dark chocolate melts, then pour mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
- Sprinkle over your choc chips.
- Cook for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out with a few crumbs.