It’s not called impossible because it’s hard to make – it’s impossible to stuff up!
This sweet treat will have you reaching for more…
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 100g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup passionfruit pulp
- icing sugar, to dust
- whipped cream and extra passionfruit pulp, to serve
Cooling time: 1 hour
Chilling time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Brush a 28 cm (base measurement) ceramic quiche dish or a 2-litre (8 cup) ovenproof dish with melted butter to grease.
- Combine the coconut, sugar and flour in a large bowl. Put the eggs, butter, milk, orange juice and passionfruit pulp in a separate large bowl and use a balloon whisk to whisk until evenly combined. Add the coconut mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until lightly golden, firm to the touch in the centre, and a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and stand the dish on a wire rack for 1 hour or until cooled to room temperature. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Serve in wedges dusted with icing sugar and accompanied by the whipped cream and extra passionfruit pulp.
This pie will keep covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.