We absolutely love cooking this exquisite recipe in our house – the smells are just amazing!
It’s beautiful on crusty bread for your next dinner party, or even for a treat just for a couple.
- 110g (2/3 cup) roasted hazelnuts or toasted walnuts crushed
- 80g (1/2 cup) sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt (like Maldon brand)
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Grind all spices and salt in mortar and pestle.
- Toast all spices and nuts in a small frying pan over a low-medium heat until you can smell the spices.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a small dish with crusty bread and oil to serve.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.